Thursday, February 9, 2012

‘Sakawa’ on Social Networks


If you were thinking as I was; ‘social networks are sakawa (internet fraud) free’, then you got it all wrong. Internet fraud has now taking a different turn and is operating through the various social networks.
These fraudsters disguise themselves as female refugees hungry for love and affection. They send dating proposals to males on the same network. They further ask for email address and once you grant their request; they send well-fabricated stories and pictures into your mails narrating their poor refugee life. I bet you, many men fall for their tricks. Let me share with you few samples of the messages from one of these intelligent psychopaths. Firstly, they tell you the false pathetic stories of how they became orphans and refugee in a camp because of war in their country. Once you respond or reply to it, these are likely the sort of mails you will be receiving subsequently (names and other personal information withheld):
Dearest Sweet Heart.
How you are today together with your health which is the most important thing to me hope you are fine? I am more than happy in your reply to my mail. When I read your mail today is give me full joy and happiness .thanks you once again I will like to see you face to face soonest .My love, I will like to be part of your life .Mine is a little bit cool over here in Dakar Senegal.
In this refugee camp, we are only allowed to go out only two times in a week. It’s just like one staying in the prison and I hope by God’s grace I will come out here soon.
I don't have any relatives now whom I can go to all my relatives ran away in the middle of the war the only person I have now is Rev Father ******* who is the pastor of the (Christ for all Churches) here in the refugee camp, he has been very nice to me since I came here but I am not living with him, rather, I am leaving in the women's hostel because the refugees have two hostels one for men the other for women.
The Pastors Tel number is (+22177- ## - ## - ###) I will be waiting for your call by 2: pm my own time here today; if you call and tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me in the hostel.
As a refugee here I don't have any right or privilege to anything be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country.
I want to go back to my studies because I only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place. Please listen to this have my late father's statement of account and death certificate are here with me which I will send to you latter, because when he was alive he deposited some amount of money in a leading bank in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount in question is $3.7M(Three Million seven Hundred Thousand Dollars)
 So I will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you. I kept this secret to people in the refugee camp here; the only person that knows about it is the Reverend because he is like a father to me.
So in the light of above I will like you to keep it to yourself and don't tell it to anyone for I am afraid of losing my life and the money if people get to know about it.
Remember I am giving you all this information due to the trust I deposed on you. I like honest and understanding people, truthful and a man of vision, truth and hardworking. My favourite language is English but our language is French but I speak English very fluently. Meanwhile I will like you to call me like I said I have lot to tell you. Have a nice day and think about me.
Waiting to hear from you soonest.

Your love
******.
Hello My Dearest!
I thank you ones again for your mail to me. I will also like to see you face to face after the transfer of the money into your account and I will use this opportunity to let you know that GOD has chosen you amongst other men in this whole wide world to help me on this planet (earth) it’s now left for you and God who directed you to me.
Please I have not told anyone except you about the existence of this money and I will like you to please keep it secret to other people because since it is (MONEY) all eyes will be on it. Remember I trust you with all my heart that is why I am giving you all this information!

I have informed the bank in United Kingdom about my plans to claim this money and the only thing they told me is to look for a foreign partner who will stand on my behalf due to my age, refugee status and the laws of this country against refugees like me.
I will give you 25% of the total money for helping me and 5% for any expenses that may occur during the transaction and the remaining money will be managed by you in any business of your choice because I can't be able to manage such a huge amount of money, besides I want to go back to school to start my education again.
In this regard I will like you to contact the bank immediately with this information. Tell them that you are my foreign partner and that you want to know the possibilities of assisting me in transferring the ($3.7 Million US Dollars) deposited by my late father of which I am the next of  kin to your account in your country.

The contact information of the bank is as follows:
 (Information withheld)

As I told you before, this camp is just like a prison and my prayers are to move out from here as soon as possible. Please make sure that you contact the bank so that after the transfer you can send some money from that money for me to prepare my travelling documents to meet with you over there in your country please whenever you want to talk to me try and call the rev father's number that I gave you, tell him that you want to talk to me.
Waiting to hear from you as soon as you contact the bank today, please!
Yours forever,
********
  All they need is to lure you intelligently into investing your money, in the aim of retrieving that huge sum of money. Beware friend; they have something up their sleeves.   Do not entertain such messages, lest you fall prey to their tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment